Wintery days last week on my Instagram
With the constant cold rainy days here in Melbourne, all we’ve felt like lately is warm hearty soups – hence another sunday soup recipe. This hearty soup is super easy and rather filling, great with a serve of warm crusty buttered bread. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 chorizo sausage, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
420g tin diced tomatoes
1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
1 cup risoni
3 cups shredded silverbeet
1. Heat oil in large heavy based pot, add onion and cook over low heat until soft.
2. Add chorizo and cook until brown.
3. In the same pot add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
4. Add diced tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to the boil
5. Reduce heat to simmer and add risoni and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
6. Add silverbeet and cook for a futher 5 minutes.
7. Serve with generously buttered crusty bread.
Today Man flu has entered our home and this means a hearty chicken soup is in order. This recipe is from Mark’s sister, Lisa. She makes the stock from scratch – which tastes amazing – but to make it easier for this recipe I’ve just bought some fresh pre made chicken stock from the local meat markets.
On a side note, today is also 1 year since I posted my first short and sweet blog entry on Sunday Best. I’ve loved the routine of blogging my experiences and inspirations. I hope to continue growing and learning with this blog business, and keep upping my weekly posts.
This time last week, we made a last minute decision to head out of Melbourne to The Great Ocean Road for a bit of R&R long weekend. We stayed in a luxury tent at Pebble Point bush retreat, nestled behind the 12 Apostles in small coastal village of Princetown, approximately two and a half hours from Melbourne.
We visited the stunning Otway Fly Treetop Walk, did a spot of bush walking near Pebble Point and saw the amazing 12 Apostles at sunrise.
Follow my adventures: @sundaybestblog