With the constant cold rainy days here in Melbourne, all we’ve felt like lately is warm hearty soups – hence another sunday soup recipe. This hearty soup is super easy and rather filling, great with a serve of warm crusty buttered bread. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 chorizo sausage, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
420g tin diced tomatoes
1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
1 cup risoni
3 cups shredded silverbeet
1. Heat oil in large heavy based pot, add onion and cook over low heat until soft.
2. Add chorizo and cook until brown.
3. In the same pot add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
4. Add diced tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to the boil
5. Reduce heat to simmer and add risoni and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
6. Add silverbeet and cook for a futher 5 minutes.
7. Serve with generously buttered crusty bread.